> Job Listings
> Job Description
Regional Service Administrator
Counties in this region include: Appling, Atkinson, Bacon, Bleckley, Brantley, Bryan, Bulloch, Camden, Candler, Charlton, Chatham, Clinch, Coffee, Dodge, Effingham, Evans, Glynn, Jeff Davis, Johnson, Laurens, Liberty, Long, McIntosh, Montgomery, Pierce, Pulaski, Tattnall, Telfair, Toombs, Treutlen, Ware, Wayne, Wheeler and Wilcox
Under broad supervision of the Deputy Assistant Commissioner for Developmental Disabilities, the person in this position is responsible for managing and overseeing a system of community-based Developmental Disability (DD) services for the region
- Oversees the regional system for authorizing and accessing DD services for individuals
- Monitors the quality of the Region's community services and implement improvements
- Monitors and ensures contract compliance of community developmental disability providers and negotiates contract expectations
- Supervises regional office developmental disability staff
- Promotes customer satisfaction and resolves individuals who receive services and family member grievances, complaints and inquiries
- Provides assistance in the development of the annual regional plan
- Monitors regional DD and support coordination provider contracts
- Engages in compliance management functions to promote efficient and effective use of services delivered by DD providers within the Region
- Responsible for the management of the regional DD provider network
- Manages staff assigned to DD section of Regional office
- Develops Interagency and Community partnerships within the Region
- Manages and collaborates with State Office staff and the Georgia Crisis Response System for the Region
Bachelors degree in a related field and three years experience performing management responsibilities in a healthcare services environment OR Masters degree in a related field and two years experience performing management responsibilities in a healthcare services environment OR Doctorate degree in a related field and one year experience performing management responsibilities in a healthcare services environment OR two years are the lower level or position equivalent
Masters degree in a related field
Management, planning and design of effective community-based waiver programs for individuals with developmental disabilities
Contract development, negotiation, monitoring and compliance
Strong competencies in:
- Budget development and management
- Resource allocation
- Strategic/Operational planning
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 20 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in the Region 5 Office in Savannah, Georgia.
Founded in 1733, Savannah is a city rich in history, charm and Southern hospitality. Savannah has one of the largest historic districts in the United States, with thousands of architecturally-significant buildings nestled under giant live oaks hung with Spanish moss.
Savannah captivates the suitors that come to call with her natural beauty, eccentric charm and traditional Southern Hospitality -- because Savannah is genteel, gracious and captivating. Savannah is the beautifully preserved hidden treasure of the Low Country. Come unlock the history, romance and beauty that lies within.
Savannah is situated at the mouth of the Savannah River, which forms the border between Georgia and South Carolina. The area has a large network of rivers and creeks. The Intracoastal Waterway runs along the east coast, much of which is comprised of ecologically vital marshes.
Come to Georgia and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Regional Service Administrator If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well. If you are an employee currently working in a unit that is closing, please follow the instructions in the gray box below.
Special Instructions for employees affected by closures at SWSH & CSH’s Craig Center
*AFFECTED EMPLOYEES MUST COMPLETE THIS STEP*
Follow the directions to apply for this job as listed above. However, be sure to include either SWSH or Craig, depending on which applies to you, along with Internal Employee and the Job Title.
"Regional Service Administrator – Internal SWSH Employee" or
"Regional Service Administrator – Internal Craig Employee"
ALSO complete the information at this link: Affected Employee Link
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.