> Job Listings
> Job Description
Nurse Assistant (AL) - Developmental Disabilities
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Certified Nursing Assistant - Lead at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia
Performs assigned direct care activities and basic nursing procedures in a nursing facility or home health care. May supervise staff.
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- May supervise staff
- Assists nursing staff in assessing the client's physical and mental condition according to policies and
- Communicates individualized nursing care plans and provides assistance in the implementation of plans when needed
- Completes required documentation in patient and unit records
- Follows hospital/departmental procedures regarding infection control
- Maintains certification
- Performs basic nursing procedures, such as taking vital signs, weight, specimens according to the treatment plan
- Provides training and/or direction to patients in activities of daily living in order to promote increased independence
- Utilizes correct body mechanics in performing patient care activities to prevent injury
3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Rose Haven Skilled Nursing Facility
NOTE: Applicants should pay particular attention to the application process listed at the bottom of this posting. Failure to follow them, as directed, may prevent or delay consideration for this vacancy.
Job seekers are encouraged to apply without delay. This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to provide information on the status of your application by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Only selected applicants will be contacted for follow up. Applicants who are not selected will not be contacted.
Must be a certified Nursing Assistant AND One year of experience at the lower level or position equivalent (HCS051)
· Experience working with the developmentally disabled population
· Previous work in a hospital setting
· Computer skills
In addition to a competitive salary (19,291.37 - 31,481.91), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 8 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia.
More than a century ago, Thomasville was celebrated as one of the most fashionable places in the world to visit. During the Victorian era, many wealthy northern socialites and pleasure seekers traveled by rail to enjoy Thomasville as their grand winter resort. Attracted to the genteel life of south Georgia, many made Thomasville their winter home and built "grand winter cottages". Although this era quickly faded in the early 1900s, more than fifty of these grand historic homes still grace Thomasville's streets.
Thomasville, in southwest Georgia and on the Florida border, is home to both the second largest Farmer’s Market in the state and three Fortune 500 companies.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Nurse Assistant (AL) - Developmental Disabilities If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.