> Job Listings
> Job Description
Regional Service Administrator
Counties in this Region include: Banks, Bartow, Catoosa Chattooga, Cherokee, Cobb, Date, Dawson, Douglas, Fannin, Floyd, Forsyth, Franklin, Gilmer, Gordon, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Hart, Lumpkin, Murray, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, Walker, White and Whitfield
Under broad supervision of the Deputy Assistant Commissioner for Development Disabilities, the person in this position is responsible for managing and overseeing a system of community-based Developmental Disability (DD) services for the entire region.
- Oversees the regional system for authorizing and accessing DD services for individuals
- Monitors the quality of the Region's community services and implements improvements
- Monitors and ensures contract compliance of community development disability providers and negotiates contract expectations
- Supervises regional office developmental disability staff
- Promotes customer satisfaction and resolves individuals who receive services and family member grievances, complaints and inquiries
- Provides assistance in the development of the annual regional plan
- Monitors regional DD and support coordination provider contracts
- Engages in compliance management functions to promote efficient and effective use of services delivered by DD providers within the Region
- Responsible for the management of the regional DD provider network
- Manages staff assigned to the DD section of the regional office
- Develops Interagency and Community partnerships within the region
- Manages and collaborates with State Office staff and the Georgia Crisis Response System for the region
Bachelors degree in a related field and three years experience performing management responsibilities in a healthcare services environment OR Masters degree in a related field and two years of experience performing management responsibilities in a healthcare services environment OR Doctorate degree in a related field and one year experience performing management responsibilities in a healthcare services environment OR Two years at the lower level or position equivalent
Masters degree in a related field
Management, planning and design of effective community-based waiver programs for individuals with developmental disabilities
Contract development, negotiation, monitoring and compliance
Strong competencies in:
- Budget development and management
- Resource allocation
- Strategic/Operational planning
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 20 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in the Region 1 in Cumming, GA.
Cumming, GA, is located approximately 40 miles north of Atlanta. Lake Lanier is a popular spot for boating, fishing, and other water activities. There are a number of campgrounds in the city including Bald Ridge Creek Park, Sawnee Park and Shady Grove Park. Also located near Cumming is the historical Mill Covered Bridge, built in 1906, which spans Settendown Creek.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Regional Service Administrator If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.