> Job Listings
> Job Description
Nurse Practitioner - Savannah
Georgia Regional Hospital located in Savannah Georgia is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Nurse Practitioner.
Under the supervision of a physician, provide medical care to inpatients, including physical examination, assessment & evaluation, counseling, referral patients to specialists, and may, in some cases, prescribe medication.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests
· Develops comprehensive plans of care
· Examines patients to obtain information about their physical condition
· Instructs and counsels patients about prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
· Interprets diagnostic test results for deviations from normal
· Makes tentative diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patients
· Obtains compiles and records patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination
· Performs therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and infection management
· Prescribes therapy or medication with physician approval
· Visits and observes patients on hospital rounds or house calls, updating charts, ordering therapy, and reporting back to physician
A current license to practice as a registered professional nurse AND completion of a masters degree from an accredited college or university in the respective nursing specialty AND authorization of the Georgia Board of Nursing for the specialty area OR Eligibility to obtain certification to practice as a physician assistant through approval by the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner preferred.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade N/A on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah in Savannah, Georgia.
Since opening in 1970, GeorgiaRegional Hospital at Savannah (GRHS) has stood as a beacon of hope for consumers in need of mental health, developmental disability and addictive disease services in the southeast region of the state of Georgia.
Savannah, Georgia's First City is first, in family fun for the summer! With more than 50 cultural and historic attractions, there are plenty of museums, galleries, great entertainment and tours to keep busy and beat the heat!
Come join our team of professional staff and make a difference.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Nurse Practitioner - Savannah If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.