> Job Listings
> Job Description
Clinical Dietitian - Hourly
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is seeking qualified candidates for Clinical Dietitian at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia
Plan and conduct food service or nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of disease. Provides nutritional assessment, education and counseling to individuals, groups or the public. Serves as a resource on nutrition and dietetics to nurses, health educators or other health care providers in the facility. Recommends nutritional care plans and documents plan and progress in records. Serves as team leader.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- Serves as project or team leader
- Advises clients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation
- Assesses nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling
- Consults with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of client
- Coordinates recipe development and standardization and develops new menus for independent food service operations
- Counsels individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life
- Develops curriculum and prepares manuals, visual aids, course outlines, and other materials used in teaching
- Develops policies for food service or nutritional programs to assist in health promotion and disease control
- Inspects meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and standards of palatability and appearance
- Monitors food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards
- Prepares and administers budgets for food, equipment and supplies
Part-time (hourly) position with flexible scheduling.
Two (2) positions
NOTE: Applicants should pay particular attention to the application process listed at the bottom of this posting. Failure to follow them, as directed, may prevent or delay consideration for this vacancy.
Job seekers are encouraged to apply without delay. This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to provide information on the status of your application by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Only selected applicants will be contacted for follow up. Applicants who are not selected will not be contacted.
Bachelor's degree in related field AND One year of professional experience as a dietitian/nutritionist AND Registration as a Dietitian by the American Dietetic Association and/or Licensure as a dietitian in the State of Georgia
- Experience working in a hospital or nursing home setting
- Experience working with modified diets and enteral feeding
- Computer/technology skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
negotiable based on credentials and experience / hour. This is an hourly position with no benefits associated.
This position is located at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia.
More than a century ago, Thomasville was celebrated as one of the most fashionable places in the world to visit. During the Victorian era, many wealthy northern socialites and pleasure seekers traveled by rail to enjoy Thomasville as their grand winter resort. Attracted to the genteel life of south Georgia, many made Thomasville their winter home and built "grand winter cottages". Although this era quickly faded in the early 1900s, more than fifty of these grand historic homes still grace Thomasville's streets.
Thomasville, in southwest Georgia and on the Florida border, is home to both the second largest Farmer’s Market in the state and three Fortune 500 companies.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Clinical Dietitian - Hourly If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.