> Job Listings
> Job Description
Certified Nursing Assistant
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Certified Nursing Assistant East Central Regional Hospital, located in Augusta, GA.
Performs assigned direct care activities and basic nursing procedures in a nursing facility or home health care.
- Assists nursing staff in assessing the client's physical and mental condition according to policies and procedures
- Completes required documentation in patient and unit records
- Follows hospital/departmental procedures regarding infection control
- Maintains certification
- Performs basic nursing procedures, such as taking vital signs, weight, specimens according to the treatment plan
- Provides training and/or direction to patients in activities of daily living in order to promote increased independence
- Utilizes correct body mechanics in performing patient care activities to prevent injury
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Ability to perform direct care activities
- Knowledge of basic nursing procedures
- Ability to perform basic medical monitoring, such as taking pulse, blood pressure, etc
- Ability to record information on charts
- Knowledge of sanitation and personal hygiene
Positions available on the Camilla/Living Area on the Gracewood campus
Certification as a Nursing Assistant
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 7 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta. Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Certified Nursing Assistant If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.