> Job Listings
> Job Description
Health Service Technician 2 - Augusta Campus
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Health Services Tech 2 on the Augusta Campus at East Central Regional Hospital, located in Augusta, GA.
- Provide basic patient care and work with patients/clients to develop daily living skills.
- Take vital signs and perform other related medical procedures under the direction of nursing staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- May supervise support staff
- Assists in administration of medications and treatments, takes vital signs, and/or draws blood or collects other bodily fluids, as directed by a physician or nurse
- Bathes, grooms, shaves and dresses clients
- Conducts activities for recreation and socialization
- Ensures safety and security of clients
- Feeds clients who are unable to feed themselves
- Implements assigned parts of client individualized treatment and behavior management plans
- Observes and documents patient data, behavior and activity
- Prepares clients for treatment or examination
- Provides client care by supplying and emptying bedpans, applying dressings and supervising exercise routines
- Provides clients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed
- Transports and/or accompanies clients to treatment units, using a wheelchair or stretcher
Positions available on the following units:
Forensic Step Down Unit
Forensic Step Forward Unit
Adult Mental Health
General Mental Health
High School Diploma or GED and One year of experience in a related field
One year of experience at the lower level or position equivalent
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 8 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta. Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Health Service Technician 2 - Augusta Campus If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well. If you are an employee currently working in a unit that is closing, please follow the instructions in the gray box below.
Special Instructions for employees affected by closures at SWSH & CSH’s Craig Center
*AFFECTED EMPLOYEES MUST COMPLETE THIS STEP*
Follow the directions to apply for this job as listed above. However, be sure to include either SWSH or Craig, depending on which applies to you, along with Internal Employee and the Job Title.
"Health Service Technician 2 - Augusta Campus – Internal SWSH Employee" or
"Health Service Technician 2 - Augusta Campus – Internal Craig Employee"
ALSO complete the information at this link: Affected Employee Link
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.