> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Charge Nurse at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital (please visit http://www.wcgrh.org/ for more information about the hospital).
Plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for a unit or shift. Ensures that staff assess client health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Oversees the provision and quality of nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled clients. Advises clients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Supervises and plans work of assigned staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Supervises and plans work of assigned staff
- Administers prescribed medications or starts intravenous fluids, and notes times and amounts on clients' charts
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care plans
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and client records
- Modifies client treatment plans as indicated by clients' responses and conditions
- Monitors all aspects of client care, including diet and physical activity
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in clients' conditions
- Observes nurses and visits clients to ensure that proper nursing care is provided
- Prepares clients for, and assists with, examinations and treatments
- Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensures that stock of supplies is maintained
- Provides education to client and family
- Provides health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance in convalescence and rehabilitation
7:00 am - 3:30 pm
3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Unit 2, 3,and 7
11:00 pm - 7:30 am
Current Georgia license to practice as a registered professional nurse AND Two or more years of experience in a managerial, supervisory or leadership role
Preference will be given to those who meet the above qualifications as well as the following: Experience working with adult psychiatric clients.
If selected for hire, applicants must provide an official transcript before the date of hire.
In addition to a competitive salary (see pay grade chart under the State Benefits tab on our site), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 15 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Columbus, Georgia is an authentic Rivertown. The gently rolling waters of the Chattahoochee have provided food, energy, employment, and recreation for the citizens of Columbus throughout the years.
Today, the river is home to the 12-mile path known as the Chattahoochee Riverwalk. The Riverwalk provides an excellent facility to bike, in-line skate, jog, or just take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. The river is also home to the Chattahoochee Princess Riverboat, an authentic 1880's era paddlewheel riverboat, and the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, the first in Georgia and one of only 32 in the United States.
In addition to emailing your cover letter and resume as instructed below, to be considered for this position, please click on this link and provide the information requested:
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: RNJobsWC@dbhdd.ga.gov
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Charge Nurse If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.