> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Registered Nurse Mentor at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital (please visit http://www.wcgrh.org/ for more information about the hospital).
Plans, organizes, and directs all nursing activities in assigned facility. Responsible for the quality of nursing care delivered in hospitals, public health facilities, and community based programs. Directs subordinate supervisors and staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Coordinates response to disaster and emergencies
- Develops and manages the budget and makes cost effective decisions
- Develops policies, sets standards and plans objectives for the nursing program in accordance with established policies
- Develops staffing patterns
- Evaluates nursing standards and nurse protocols for all nursing programs
- Initiates and participates in the development of community wide policy to improve the health status of the stakeholder
- Interprets policies and communicates changes in regulations and procedures
- Makes long-range plans and regularly reviews activities, problems and functions of services being delivered
- Organizes and plans a systematic and continuous quality/performance improvement program for the practice of nursing
- Oversees the collection of data for statistical records
- Plans and directs the work of nursing or other professional staff and assures an adequate level of nursing care
- Provides staff development including orientation, in-service training, workshops and continuing education for all levels of nursing staff
- Reviews state, federal, and other regulatory standards information in order to direct the quality improvement activities and achieve compliance
A current Georgia license to practice as a registered professional nurse AND Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university AND Four years of experience as registered professional nurse, including two years in an administrative or supervisory capacity
Master's degree in nursing, nursing administration, public health or directly related area AND One year in an administrative or supervisory capacity
Eight years of experience as a registered nurse, including two years in an environment related to the area of assignment and three years of supervisory experience
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the preferred qualifications: Master's degree in nursing, nursing administration, public health or directly related area AND One year in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
Due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to provide information on resume status. All qualified candidates will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected candidates will be contacted by the hiring agency for the next steps in the selection process. Candidates who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time without notification once a satisfactory candidate pool has been identified.
In addition to a competitive salary (See Statewide Salary Pay at this link: http://dbhddjobs.com/files/StatewideSalaryPlanAnnual2009.pdf), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 17 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Columbus, Georgia is an authentic Rivertown. The gently rolling waters of the Chattahoochee have provided food, energy, employment, and recreation for the citizens of Columbus throughout the years.
Today, the river is home to the 12-mile path known as the Chattahoochee Riverwalk. The Riverwalk provides an excellent facility to bike, in-line skate, jog, or just take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. The river is also home to the Chattahoochee Princess Riverboat, an authentic 1880's era paddlewheel riverboat, and the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, the first in Georgia and one of only 32 in the United States.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: RNJobsWC@dbhdd.ga.gov
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Registered Nurse Mentor If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.