> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Nurse Mentor at East Central Regional Hospital, located in Augusta, GA.
- Conduct weekly audits in nursing, physician assessments
- Conduct quarterly MOCK Surveys to ensure facility wide readiness for external surveys (i.e. CRIPA auditors, Joint Commission, CMS, etc)
- Perform follow-up on Corrective Action Plans associated with CRIPA related policies
- Serve as a member of the Hospital Function Group, Infection Control and Performing Function Group providing vital information to the groups regarding Patient Care trends
- Attend monthly Quality Management meetings to report findings for both campuses
- Monitor the effects on the consumers (related to restraints, change in behavior, etc) based on Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) process
- Create effective monitoring tool as needed
Associate degree in a related field and five years experience with at least two years in a position directly related to the area of assignment
Bachelor's degree in a related field and four years of related experience
Master's degree in a related field and two years of related experience
Two years experience at the lower level or a position equivalent (RCP061)
Note: Some positions may require a certification or licensure
Note: Some positions may require a valid driver's license
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
- Masters degree in health planning, health administration, public administration, business administration, finance or related field
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 15 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta. Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Nurse Mentor If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.