> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Medical Technologist / Clinical Lab Technologist at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital (please visit http://www.wcgrh.org/ for more information about the hospital).
Performs laboratory tests for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases. Analyzes specimens, interprets, records and reports results. May serve as lead worker and/or supervise lower level staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- May supervise lower level staff
- Analyzes laboratory findings to check the accuracy of the results
- Collects samples and conducts chemical analysis to determine the presence of normal and abnormal components
- Defends, interprets and issues report on results of analysis or testing
- Determines and maintains inventory necessary to facilitate smooth operation of the laboratory
- Develops, standardizes, evaluates, and modifies procedures, techniques and tests used in the analysis and experiments
- Establishes and monitors programs to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results
- May oversee compliance with State and Federal laboratory licensure requirements
- Monitors staff adherence to and observes principles, rules, regulations and safety precautions
- Obtains specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying for analysis
- Operates, calibrates, and maintains equipment used in qualitative analysis
- Performs testing and quality assurance procedures requiring additional expertise and/or advanced technology
This is a 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM; Monday through Friday position.
Bachelor's degree in a related science field AND Two years of experience in a clinical laboratory and Certification as a medical technologist, MT (ASCP), or equivalent certification that meets the personnel qualification requirements pertaining to "technologists" specified in the Department of Human Resources rules for licensure of clinical laboratories.
Preference will be given to candidates, who in addition to meeting the above qualifications also meet the following:
- Certification as a Medical Technologist, MT (ASCP), or equivalent certification that meets the personnel qualification requirements pertaining to "Technologist" specified in the Department of Human Resources rules for clinical laboratories
- At least two years of phlebotomy experience
- Two years of clinical laboratory experience
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
In addition to a competitive salary (See Statewide Salary Pay at this link: http://dbhddjobs.com/files/StatewideSalaryPlanAnnual2009.pdf), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 14 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Columbus, Georgia is an authentic Rivertown. The gently rolling waters of the Chattahoochee have provided food, energy, employment, and recreation for the citizens of Columbus throughout the years.
Today, the river is home to the 12-mile path known as the Chattahoochee Riverwalk. The Riverwalk provides an excellent facility to bike, in-line skate, jog, or just take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. The river is also home to the Chattahoochee Princess Riverboat, an authentic 1880's era paddlewheel riverboat, and the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, the first in Georgia and one of only 32 in the United States.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: WCGRHJobs@dhr.state.ga.us
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Medical Technologist If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well. If you are an employee currently working in a unit that is closing, please follow the instructions in the gray box below.
Special Instructions for employees affected by closures at SWSH & CSH’s Craig Center
*AFFECTED EMPLOYEES MUST COMPLETE THIS STEP*
Follow the directions to apply for this job as listed above. However, be sure to include either SWSH or Craig, depending on which applies to you, along with Internal Employee and the Job Title.
"Medical Technologist – Internal SWSH Employee" or
"Medical Technologist – Internal Craig Employee"
ALSO complete the information at this link: Affected Employee Link
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.