> Job Listings
> Job Description
Executive Assistant - Nursing Services
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Executive Secretary at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital (please visit http://www.wcgrh.org/ for more information about the hospital).
Provides administrative, clerical, and secretarial functions in support of an individual(s). Duties include drafting basic correspondence, answering telephones, providing information to callers, scheduling appointments, etc. May supervise lower level staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- Answers telephone and give information to callers, take messages, or transfers calls to appropriate individuals
- Arranges conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for office personnel
- Completes forms in accordance with organizational procedures
- Composes, types, and distributes meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports
- Maintains confidential information
- May purchase and maintain supplies and/or stock items
- May supervise support staff and/or lower level employees
- Opens, reads, routes, and distributes incoming mail and other materials
- Uses computer application software
- Uses independent judgment and initiative to perform administrative, clerical and secretarial duties in support of an individual employee or group of employees
Two years related experience
One year at the lower level or position equivalent (GSS051)
Note: Some positions may require an examination
Preference will be given to candidates, who in addition to meeting the above qualifications also meet the following:
An associate's degree or diploma/certificate of completion of coursework in business administration and proficient in Microsoft Office
Experience in the following:
· 2 -3 years in performing office skills to include computer and data entry
· Maintaining a filing system (hard copy and computer) and correspondences
· maintaining a schedule
· providing assistance to executive level management
· use of databases and creating reports
Due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to provide information on candidate status by phone or e-mail. All qualified candidates will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected candidates will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Candidates who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory pool of candidates has been identified.
In addition to a competitive salary (see pay grade chart under the State Benefits tab on our site), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 11 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Columbus, Georgia is an authentic Rivertown. The gently rolling waters of the Chattahoochee have provided food, energy, employment, and recreation for the citizens of Columbus throughout the years.
Today, the river is home to the 12-mile path known as the Chattahoochee Riverwalk. The Riverwalk provides an excellent facility to bike, in-line skate, jog, or just take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. The river is also home to the Chattahoochee Princess Riverboat, an authentic 1880's era paddlewheel riverboat, and the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, the first in Georgia and one of only 32 in the United States.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: WCGRHJobs@dhr.state.ga.us
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Executive Assistant - Nursing Services If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.