> Job Listings
> Job Description
Employee Relations Manager
The focus of the State Office Employee Relations staff is to address employment concerns and insure consistent and sound application of the Performance Management process to include guidance in coaching and disciplinary action as needed. The Central Office Employee Relations staff also provides a thorough and fair process for the filing and investigation of grievances and unlawful discrimination allegations.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Manage the assignment of each specialist to specific hospitals, regions or offices to work in conjunction with HR management and professional ER staff in the field
- Provide guidance in interpretation and/or implementation of Department HR policy and State Personnel board rules and in areas of employment law including FMLA and ADA
- Be directly involved in the investigation of unlawful discrimination complaints and other types of grievance that cannot be resolved at a lower level
- Responsible for managing and directly providing providing training and technical assistance as needed in the management of performance to include documentation and use of progressive discipline consistent with DBHDD HR policy
- Responsible for developing and overseeing the utilization of a database in order to track established data
- Serve as the primary contact with DBHDD Legal Services in Employee Relations matters
Bachelors degree in a related field and three years of supervisory human resource experience. Experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for education
Advanced related degree
Experience in State Employee Relations and five or more years of experience in a senior HR role in Georgia State Government
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 19 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in downtown Atlanta.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
We're located across from Underground Atlanta. Parking is nearby as well as direct access to MARTA's rail and bus system.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Employee Relations Manager If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.