> Job Listings
> Job Description
Social Service Provider - Social Worker
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Social Service Provider at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital (please visit http://www.wcgrh.org/ for more information about the hospital).
Provide persons, families or vulnerable populations with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses and physical or developmental disabilities. Provides patient education and counseling, advises caregivers, and makes necessary referrals for other social services.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Acts as client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve crisis
- Counsels clients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life
- Identify environmental impediments to client of patient progress through interviews and review of patient records
- Monitors, evaluates, and records client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan
- Organizes support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client
- Performs clinical assessments of the behavioral health needs of consumers presenting for services
- Provides case management services related to identified treatment needs
- Provides training to direct care staff in implementing behavior modification techniques and treatment plans
- Refers client or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education
Master's degree and eligibility to be licensed
Bachelor's degree in a related field and two years of experience in social service delivery.
Preferred Candidates will possess:
- A Master's of Social Work (MSW) with Mental Health and/or Community placement experience
If selected for hire, applicants must provide an official transcript before the date of hire.
In addition to a competitive salary (See Statewide Salary Pay at this link: http://dbhddjobs.com/files/StatewideSalaryPlanAnnual2009.pdf), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 13 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Columbus, Georgia is an authentic Rivertown. The gently rolling waters of the Chattahoochee have provided food, energy, employment, and recreation for the citizens of Columbus throughout the years.
Today, the river is home to the 12-mile path known as the Chattahoochee Riverwalk. The Riverwalk provides an excellent facility to bike, in-line skate, jog, or just take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. The river is also home to the Chattahoochee Princess Riverboat, an authentic 1880's era paddlewheel riverboat, and the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, the first in Georgia and one of only 32 in the United States.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to:
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Social Service Provider - Social Worker If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.