> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Licensed Practical Nurse at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital (please visit www.wcgrh.org for more information about the hospital).
Provides general direct nursing care to injured, ill, convalescent or disabled individuals. Care includes providing medical treatments, administering medication and giving injections. May supervise support staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- May supervise and/or direct the work of others
- Administers prescribed medications or starts intravenous fluids, and notes times and amounts on clients' charts
- Answers clients' calls and determines how to assist them
- Helps clients with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene, moving in bed, and standing and walking
- Measures and records clients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration
- Observes clients, charting and reporting changes in clients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action
- Provides basic client care and treatments, such as dressing wounds, treating bedsores, giving enemas, douches, alcohol rubs, and massages, or performing catheterizations
- Records food and fluid intake and output
- Works as part of a health care team to assess client needs, plan and modify care and implement intervention
A Current Georgia license to practice as a licensed practical nurse
Preference will be given to those who meet the above qualifications as well as the following:
If selected for hire, applicants must provide an official transcript before the date of hire.
In addition to a competitive salary (See Statewide Salary Pay at this link: http://dbhddjobs.com/files/StatewideSalaryPlanAnnual2009.pdf), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 9 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Columbus, Georgia is an authentic Rivertown. The gently rolling waters of the Chattahoochee have provided food, energy, employment, and recreation for the citizens of Columbus throughout the years.
Today, the river is home to the 12-mile path known as the Chattahoochee Riverwalk. The Riverwalk provides an excellent facility to bike, in-line skate, jog, or just take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. The river is also home to the Chattahoochee Princess Riverboat, an authentic 1880's era paddlewheel riverboat, and the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, the first in Georgia and one of only 32 in the United States.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: WCGRHJobs@dbhdd.ga.gov
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Licensed Practical Nurse If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.