Facility Safety Officer (Corporal)(AL)
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Facility Safety Officer - Corporal (Advanced Level) at East Central Regional Hospital, located in Augusta, GA.
There are 2 positions available.
Guards, patrols, or monitors premises, facilities and other areas to prevent theft, violence, and infractions of rules. Secures and protects facility in case of fires, natural disasters, or other hazardous events. May serve as lead worker.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- Answers alarms and investigates disturbances
- Assists in developing security staffing, shift and contingency plans for facility
- Coordinates operational plans with other law enforcement agencies
- Escorts or drives motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection
- Inspects assigned area for fire or environmental hazards
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against and maintain security of premises
- Patrols premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates
- Responds to fires, natural disasters, or other hazardous events
- Warns persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehends or evicts violators from premises, using force if necessary
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Ability to identify signs of unlawful entry.
- Ability to patrol assigned areas.
- Ability to operate alarm panels.
- Ability to handle crisis situations according to established guidelines.
- Ability to complete reports according to established guidelines.
- Ability to develop and implement plans.
High school diploma or GED and two years of related experience
One year at the lower level or equivalent (PST051)
Note: Some positions may require POST certification or eligibility
Note: Some positions may require area specific certifications or eligibility
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
- 2 years experience performing criminal investigations with a state, local, or federal law enforcement agency which involved gathering facts, interviewing witnesses, and testifying at hearings and trials
- Current Georgia POST Certification as a peace officer
- Demonstrated experience conducting investigations and in preparing and presenting case reports and testimony to the judicial system
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 9 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta. Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Facility Safety Officer (Corporal)(AL) If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.