> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Maintenance Director at East Central Regional Hospital, located in Augusta, GA.
Manages engineering activities for the construction or maintenance of facilities or other structures. Develops strategic and long term construction plans for the agency or institution. Directs subordinate managers and staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Interviews, hires, directs, trains, evaluates the performance of, and when necessary, disciplines and discharges employees
- Manages human resources and directs administrative activities
- Administers contracts and responds appropriately to legal issues
- Coordinates emergency maintenance concerns
- Coordinates physical facility activities for construction, capital outlay, and major repair and maintenance projects
- Develops maintenance operating policies, objectives, and priorities consistent with applicable state and federal laws
- Ensures the timely preparation, documentation, and submission of construction and maintenance reports
- Establishes long and short-term objectives and priorities for the department relating to the design, construction, engineering, and repair and maintenance projects
- Oversees contractors to ensure compliance with contract specifications
- Performs inspections of physical facilities and maintenance systems
- Provides cost estimates and enforces strict budgetary controls for project costs
- Provides direction to construction project management staff in the development of plans, schedules, and budget evaluations for construction assignments statewide
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Ability to plan and implement multitask construction activity.
- Ability to prioritize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to effectively establish deadlines.
- Ability to communicate organizational goals to staff.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or closely related field and four years experience in construction and/or maintenance with at least two years as a supervisor or manager
Associate degree or vocational/technical school certificate and six years experience in maintenance and/or general building construction with at least two years as a supervisor or manager
High school diploma or GED and eight years experience in maintenance and/or general building construction with at least two years as a supervisor
Two years at the lower level or equivalent (FEP053)
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
- Experience as an Engineering Supervisor/Project Manager in a hospital setting
- Experience specializing in maintenance construction, managing multiple major capital projects (coming in under budget within established time frames)
- Experience in a position responsible for Joint Commission requirements( i.e. environment of care, emergency management) under current hospital and long-term care standards
- Experience with Maximo or other maintenance software
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 18 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta. Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Maintenance Director If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.