> Job Listings
> Job Description
Medicaid Waiver Specialist
Under the supervision of the Medicaid Waiver Director, this position will be responsible for the following:
Assist with the development of Policy and Standards of NOW/COMP waiver amendment and renewal documentation sent to the Department of Community Health
- Assists with the NOW/COMP waiver amendments for submission to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Assist with the NOW/COMP waiver renewals for submission to CMS
- Assist with the development of responses to questions on waiver renewal and amendment applications from CMS
Assist with inquiries from other states regarding the NOW/COMP Medicaid Waivers
- Track incoming and outgoing inquiries, as well as follow up on questions concerning policies, procedures and standards surrounding the Division of DD service delivery through the NOW/COMP Medicaid Waiver programs
- Document and track all information obtained and distributed concerning Georgia's community based NOW/COMP waivers
Engage in compliance management functions to promote efficient and effective use of all aspects of NOW/COMP waiver services delivery
- Work closely with the Quality Management team in assuring delivery of quality and efficient services while assuring health and safety of individuals with developmental disabilities
- Provide education and technical assistance to stakeholders concerning service delivery, design/utilization and authorization/billing practices
- Provide training at least twice yearly to providers and Regional and State Office staff
- Participate in training orientation for new providers
- Coordinate the submission and follow up on referrals to DCH program integrity
Engage and coordinate the Division of Developmental Disabilities operating agency functions via the Letter of Agreement with the Department of Community Health
- Facilitate monthly and quarterly utilization review meetings with DCH
- Work closely with the Quality Management team in preparation of reporting performance measures for the monthly and quarterly meetings
- Prepare reports regarding Waiver compliance to DCH according to the reporting standards in the NOW/COMP waiver applications
Analyses data and develops new procedures, processes or recommends modification to existing ones
- Utilizes a variety of analytical tools to understand existing processes and/or procedures for waiver operation and to develop new alternatives as needed
- Select best alternative solutions based on established project objectives, needs and resource requirements
- Present recommendations to supervisor, manager and/or team leader providing clear and concise rationale
Works with Division of Developmental Disabilities State Office staff in a team approach to provide technical assistance to service recipients, Regional Offices, service providers, DBHDD staff and other stakeholders on issues related to Medicaid Waiver Services
- Lead, participate or facilitate initiatives including focus groups, work groups and other activities to obtain feedback on NOW/COMP waiver services and new approaches to incorporate best practices for these services
- Assist in the planning and coordination of statewide meetings and trainings to gather and share pertinent information
- Assist with the development and management of timelines, tasks and benchmarks associated with project implementation and completion
- Compile internal and external data, complete analysis and utilize information for project completion
Bachelors degree in business administration or related area and four years of experience in the management of the administrative support activities of a business or government entity
Note: Related experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis
- Masters degree in Human Service field from an accredited university with at least 5 years of experience and training in working with individuals
- Experience writing and developing policies for Medicaid Waivers and at least two years of staff supervisory experience
- Experience with policy development for Home and Community Based Waivers
- Experience in planning and development of rights and advocacy for individuals with Developmental Disabilities
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 16 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in downtown Atlanta.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
We're located across from Underground Atlanta. Parking is nearby as well as direct access to MARTA's rail and bus system.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Medicaid Waiver Specialist If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.