> Job Listings
> Job Description
Under the supervision of the Regional Coordinator or designee, the Transition Coordinator is responsible for supporting consumers and providers by assuring consumers have initial and ongoing access to recommended services; providers are implementing service models within established guidelines; and actively facilitating consumer access to recommended services. Service coordination review and compliance management functions serve to facilitate the expedited transition of consumers into recommended services and to promote efficient and effective use of programmatic resources. This is accomplished by utilizing a combination of data analysis, on-site assessment and direct communications with providers, consumers and other stakeholders. The intention is to ensure provider services adequately support consumers' ability to live in their local communities. Compliance management functions include analysis of service utilization patterns, results achieved by providers, prevention/correction of treatment quality outlier issues, and education/technical assistance given to providers. Consumer metrics reviewed will include, but not be limited to, the following outcomes:
Beneficial Outcomes (Stability/Improvement of metric):
- Engagement in CORE/Specialty Services
- Stable Housing maintained
- Community/Natural Support connections
- Daily living skills, Socialization, Illness self-management
- Utilization of Community/Natural Support resources for crisis intervention
Adverse Outcomes (Reduction/Elimination of metric):
- Use of Emergency Rooms
- Inpatient Psychiatric Admissions
- Crisis Stabilization Unit Admissions
Provider service design is monitored to assure defined guidelines are met. Eligibility criteria and service delivery is monitored on a concurrent basis to assure satisfactory accessibility for defined target population. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate/communicate case level information among all involved entities
- Conduct site visits of selected BH services to review quality of services, programming and staffing plans and make recommendations to assure satisfactory accessibility, treatment quality and consumer outcomes
- Review the degree to which providers implement components of Transition/Recovery plans for which they are responsible to support the transition of the consumer to the community and to successfully maintain the consumer in the community
- Review provider coordination of treatment and support services for consumer
- Educate providers, make recommendations to, and provide technical assistance to providers regarding expectations for selected BH services
- Identify training needs for providers
- Initiate, approve and monitor successful implementation of provider Corrective Action Plans. This may be either independent of, or in conjunction with, either Department contracted External Review Organization (ERO) or Department Compliance Section
- Prepare service monitoring reports as requested by the Regional Coordinator or designee
The Transition Coordinator will coordinate access to and monitor quality of any combination of the following:
- Assertive Community Treatment
- Community Support Team
- Intensive Case Management
- Case Management
- Housing Supports/Bridge Funding
- Crisis Stabilization Units
- Contracted Private Psychiatric Beds
- Crisis Service Centers
- Crisis Apartments
Bachelors degree in a related field and five years experience performing work related to area of assignment OR Masters degree in a related field and two years experience performing work related to area of assignment OR one year at the lower level or position equivalent
Minimum qualifications above and:
- Ability to travel 30-40% within the State of Georgia
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, sharepoint, word, powerpoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask a high volume of detailed work
- Certified in either Rehab Therapy or a licensed clinical (full license preferred)
- Understanding of recovery principles
- Knowledge of ACT, ICM, CST and CM a plus
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 16 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in the Region 1 in Cumming, GA.
Cumming, GA, is located approximately 40 miles north of Atlanta. Lake Lanier is a popular spot for boating, fishing, and other water activities. There are a number of campgrounds in the city including Bald Ridge Creek Park, Sawnee Park and Shady Grove Park. Also located near Cumming is the historical Mill Covered Bridge, built in 1906, which spans Settendown Creek.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to:
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Transition Coordinator If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.