> Job Listings
> Job Description
Licensed Practical Nurse - Hourly/PRN - Gracewood Campus
East Central Regional Hospital, located in Augusta Georgia, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Licensed Practical Nurse - Hourly/PRN to be assigned to the Gracewood Campus.
East Central Regional Hospital is a state operated facility with two campuses, Augusta and Gracewood.
The Gracewood campus is an ICF/MR and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) that provides care and services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Gracewood consists of living areas, activity areas, administrative and support buildings spread over a 420 acre campus.
Provides general direct nursing care to injured, ill, convalescent or disabled individuals. Care includes providing medical treatments, administering medication and giving injections. May supervise support staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· May supervise and/or direct the work of others
· Administers prescribed medications or starts intravenous fluids, and notes times and amounts on clients' charts
· Answers clients' calls and determines how to assist them
· Helps clients with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene, moving in bed, and standing and walking
· Measures and records clients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration
· Observes clients, charting and reporting changes in clients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action
· Provides basic client care and treatments, such as dressing wounds, treating bedsores, giving enemas, douches, alcohol rubs, and massages, or performing catheterizations
· Records food and fluid intake and output
· Works as part of a health care team to assess client needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions
THIS IS AN HOURLY POSITION WITHOUT BENEFITS
A Current Georgia license to practice as a licensed practical nurse
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
- One year of experience working as an LPN
- Experience in psychiatric nursing care
$20.00 / hour. This is an hourly position with no benefits associated.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta. Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to:
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Licensed Practical Nurse - Hourly/PRN - Gracewood Campus If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.