> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Behavior Specialist at East Central Regional Hospital, located in Augusta, GA.
Counsel with emphasis on prevention and/or behavior modification. Works with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental health. May help individuals deal with addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting, and marital problems; suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues associated with aging and mental and emotional health.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Act as client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, and tests
- Counsel clients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge
- Evaluate clients' physical or mental condition based on review of client information
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to client's treatment
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Ability to communicate confidentiality policies
- Ability to assemble test materials and makes appropriate arrangements for a test site
- Ability to clearly explain test procedures to consumers
- Ability to provide helpful input into determining appropriate tests for consumers
- Ability to administer tests promptly and according to specific directions
- Ability to develop and implement treatment/case plans
Bachelor's degree in related field AND Two years of related experience
Master's degree in a related field.
One year at the lower level or equivalent position
Note: Some positions may require certification or licensure.
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
Master's degree in Psychology or Clinical Counseling which included at least one course in psychological testing AND 6 months of experience at a level equivalent to a Behavior Technician implementing behavior management programs and administering psychological tests for special needs populations
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 13 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta. Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Behavior Specialist If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.