> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Registered Nurse/PRN at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA.
This is an hourly, part-time position with no benefits.
- Assess client health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled clients
- May advise clients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Administers prescribed medications or starts intravenous fluids, and notes times and amounts on clients' charts
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care plans
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and client records
- Modifies client treatment plans as indicated by clients' responses and conditions
- Monitors all aspects of client care, including diet and physical activity
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in clients' conditions
- Observes nurses and visits clients to ensure that proper nursing care is provided
- Prepares clients for, and assists with, examinations and treatments
- Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensures that stock of supplies is maintained
- Provides education to client and family
- Provides health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance in convalescence and rehabilitation
- Ability to assess, plan for, and provide basic nursing skills; knows procedures including developing, implementing and revising plan of care
- Knowledge of nursing policies, procedures, protocols, treatments, standards of care and nurse practice act
- Knowledge of the procedures for medication administration and can administer oral, sublingual and IV medications; knowledge of pharmacology
- Knowledge of immunization regulations and protocols
- Ability to perform CPR and for some sites, AED
Various Shifts Available on Central, East and West, Secure I, II, III Units:
7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
11:30 PM - 7:30 AM
A current Georgia license to practice as a registered professional nurse
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
- Current Georgia RN License
- Current CPR certification
- Experience in mental health
/ hour. This is an hourly position with no benefits associated.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: RNJobsGRA@dbhdd.ga.gov
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Registered Nurse/PRN If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.