> Job Listings
> Job Description
Forensic Service Technician, Lead
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Forensic Services Technician, Lead at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA.
- Provide basic patient care and work with patients/clients to develop daily living skills.
- May take vital signs and perform other related medical procedures under the direction of nursing staff.
- May supervise lower level staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- May supervise and/or direct the work of others
- Answers clients' call signals
- Assists in administration of medications and treatments, takes vital signs, and/or draws blood or collects other bodily fluids, as directed by a physician or nurse
- Bathes, grooms, shaves and dresses clients
- Conducts activities for recreation and socialization
- Ensures safety and security of clients
- Feeds clients who are unable to feed themselves
- Implements assigned parts of client individualized treatment and behavior management plans
- Observes and documents patient data, behavior and activity
- Prepares clients for treatment or examination
- Provides client care by supplying and emptying bedpans, applying dressings and supervising exercise routines
- Provides clients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed
- Transports and/or accompanies clients to treatment units, using a wheelchair or stretcher
- Turns and re-positions bedridden clients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Ability to take patient vital signs
- Ability to chart client's behavior
- Ability to provide simple nursing care, personal care and hygiene
- Ability to explain procedures to patients
- Ability to perform established treatment and programmatic activities
- Ability to supervise lower level staff
High School Diploma or GED and One year of experience in a related field
One year of experience at the lower level or position equivalent
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 9 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
ADDITIONAL STEP: To be considered for this position, please also click on the link below and provide the information requested:
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: GRHASVC@dhr.state.ga.us
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Forensic Service Technician, Lead If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.