> Job Listings
> Job Description
Forensic Service Technician
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Forensic Services Technician at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA
Provide basic patient care and work with patients/clients to develop daily living skills May take vital signs
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Answers clients call signals
- Assists in administration of medications and treatments, takes vital signs, and/or draws blood or collects other bodily fluids, as directed by a physician or nurse
- Bathes, grooms, shaves and dresses clients
- Conducts activities for recreation and socialization
- Ensures safety and security of clients
- Feeds clients who are unable to feed themselves
- Observes and documents patient data, behavior and activity
- Prepares clients for treatment or examination
- Provides client care by supplying and emptying bedpans, applying dressings and supervising exercise routines
- Provides clients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed
- Provides subprofessional occupational and/or physical therapy services to physically and/or developmentally disabled patients
- Transports and/or accompanies clients to treatment units, using a wheelchair or stretcher
- Turns and re-positions bedridden clients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores
Various Shifts Available on the Secure I, II and III Units:
7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
11:30 PM - 7:30 AM
High school diploma
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
- Valid Driver's license
- Experience in Security
- One year of experience in direct care with persons with mental health, mental retardation, and/or substance abuse disabilities, or with forensic patients, correctional offenders or a similar population.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 8 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: GRHASVC@dhr.state.ga.us
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Forensic Service Technician If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.