> Job Listings
> Job Description
Social Worker - Comprehensive Psychiatric Services
Open only to DBHDD employees
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is seeking qualified candidates for Social Worker at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia
Provide persons, families or vulnerable populations with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses and physical or developmental disabilities. Provides patient education and counseling, advises caregivers, and makes necessary referrals for other social services.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Acts as client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve crisis
· Counsels clients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life
· Identify environmental impediments to client of patient progress through interviews and review of patient records
· Monitors, evaluates, and records client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan
· Organizes support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client
· Performs clinical assessments of the behavioral health needs of consumers presenting for services
· Provides case management services related to identified treatment needs
· Provides training to direct care staff in implementing behavior modification techniques and treatment plans
· Refers client or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
NOTE: Applicants should pay particular attention to the application process listed at the bottom of this posting. Failure to follow them, as directed, may prevent or delay consideration for this vacancy.
Job seekers are encouraged to apply without delay. This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to provide information on the status of your application by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Only selected applicants will be contacted for follow up. Applicants who are not selected will not be contacted.
Master's degree in Social Work and eligibility to be licensed.
> Licensed in Georgia as LMSW or LCSW
<!Adult Mental Health Work Experience
<!Substance Abuse Work Experience
<!Vast knowledge of regional community resources
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 13 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia.
More than a century ago, Thomasville was celebrated as one of the most fashionable places in the world to visit. During the Victorian era, many wealthy northern socialites and pleasure seekers traveled by rail to enjoy Thomasville as their grand winter resort. Attracted to the genteel life of south Georgia, many made Thomasville their winter home and built "grand winter cottages". Although this era quickly faded in the early 1900s, more than fifty of these grand historic homes still grace Thomasville's streets.
Thomasville, in southwest Georgia and on the Florida border, is home to both the second largest Farmer’s Market in the state and three Fortune 500 companies.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Social Worker - Comprehensive Psychiatric Services If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.